Benefits of Informational Consultation
✔ Benefits of informational consultation: (1) saves you precious time from locating key resources to begin trading effectively, and (2) saves you money from making costly mistakes. What you are paying for is wisdom and knowledge gained from experience investing in digital assets. For those who are new to crypto assets investing, the blockchain ecosystem is typically overwhelming requiring a steep learning curve. It took me a few months to learn enough about blockchain and how to best invest in the crypto space. Learning how and what to invest in requires time, intensive research, critical thinking and analysis.
To arrange a consultation, submit the contact form at the bottom of this page.
✔ Talk to an experienced trader who can answer your questions.
✔ Get access to a trader who understands the complexities and pitfalls of trading in the Crypto coin space.
✔ Get set up to trade quickly.
✔ Saves you money in trading fees by learning how to eliminate and reduce fees whenever possible.
✔ Learn valuable tips and short-cuts for trading and investing.
✔ Learn fundamental, technical and cyclical analysis so you can reduce trading and investment risks.
✔ Learn how to identify market trends affecting your investment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: How can I quickly get started investing in crypto coins?
Answer: The easiest way to start is by practicing trades on exchanges and start small; you can even take hypothetical positions to see how you would fair over a small time frame. Sign up for an account at Coinbase to buy bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ethereum, and litecoin. If you’d like to invest in other altcoins such as Ripple (xrp), Monero (xmr), Nem (xem), OmiseGo (omg), etc, sign up for an altcoin exchange such as Binance, Kucoin or Bittrex.
Question: When is the best time to buy bitcoin and altcoins?
Answer: The key to understanding when is the best time to buy is to understand institutional investors’ strategy: buy whenever there is a “liquidity event” when the market dips substantially (also known as market bubble, market crash, market correction). Institutional investors (also known as “smart money”) wait for Black swan events to buy: “if a major economy collapses, if countries clamp down on currency leaving their borders, we will see a huge amount of capital flow to decentralized cryptographic assets that are free from government control” – MetaStable Capital. The crypto market is just like the stocks market with up and down cycles but with higher volatility providing opportunities to buy on dips and to earn a sizable return on investment on the market uptrend. Because of the potential for high ROI, 15 new hedge funds opened up shop for business since July 2017 and more on the way. View market corrections as opportunities to invest in the crypto space by keeping in mind that the underlying value of blockchain technology is increasing which increases investments in the space.
Current bitcoin price:
Question: Can you give me some examples of cryptocurrencies’ and altcoins’ return on investment (ROI) profit potential?
Answer: Unlike traditional stocks and securities where you can earn at most a 15% return on investment per quarter, with investments in crypto-currency you can possibly earn a return on investment (ROI) of 40%+ within 24 hours and upwards of 2000% in as little as 12 weeks.
Here are a few examples…
- When I first published this blog on July 26, 2017, the price of bitcoin was $2577.77; fast forward to November 29, 2017, the opening price of one bitcoin is $10,077.40 which represents a price increase of almost 400% return on investment. What will the price of bitcoin be by December of 2018? Institutional investors recently invested $1 million in bitcoin futures predicting that bitcoin will be at least $50,000 by December 2018. These institutions employed the smartest minds in the industry, tasking teams of analysts to crunch statistical numbers so they have a high probability confidence that bitcoin will reach $50k price target. Check back here on December 25, 2018 to see whether this bet comes to fruition.
- On June 14, 2017, the OmiseGo altcoin (trading ticker: OMG) started trading at 53 cents; as of December 18, 2017 at 11:58 AM PST, OMG is trading at $18.33 – that’s about a 3600% increase over a period of six months time. Why is OMG’s price undergoing exponential growth? OmiseGo is first to market in developing a secure and scalable blockchain application that disrupts the way the traditional financial system operates. See OMG trading price history. ✔ The key development is Plasma.io technology innovation which will enable up to 1 million transactions per second surpassing VISA’s current record of 56,000 transactions per second. Read analysis of OMG token.
- On November 8, 2017, the price of Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded at $662.71 and within 24 hours on November 9, 2017, BCH traded at $1,010.52 which represented a price increase of 52%. November 10, 2017, BCH continued its price uptrend to $1,366.37 and peaked out on November 11, 2017 at $1,539.13.
- Between January 2017 to August 2017, in a span of eight months, the price of Ethereum (ETH) increased from $8 dollars to over $300 dollars as a result of demand for Ethereum based business applications in the form of ICO (Initial Coin Offering). An ICO is like an IPO (Initial Public Offering) but in the cryptocurrency domain. See ETH trading price history.
- Between June 17, 2017, to July 23, 1027, in a span of 36 days, the price of bitcoin (BTC) increased from $1,932 to $2,808. See BTC trading price history. As you can see, the ROI potential for cryptocurrency investment is stellar when compared to traditional stocks and securities investment.
- Let’s look at a recent altcoin’s market capital rise in value revealing blockchain investments rapid growth with the addition of new altcoins almost on a weekly basis with a huge potential for upside gain contingent on key research and due diligence paired with value investing fundamentals for a particular altcoin of interest. For example, Monaco (MCO) traded for $1.31 on August 11, 2017, and on September 6, 2017, it traded for $10.25 which equates to almost 800% increase in price. Monaco allows users to spend and to send cryptocurrency and fiat money globally at perfect interbank exchange rates, saving EUR 30-40 on every EUR 500 equivalent spent. Monaco Card will work on the VISA® network, giving it worldwide acceptance (specifics still being worked out between Monaco and VISA). See MCO trading price history.
Question: Why are bitcoin and the cryptocurrency market so volatile?
The nature of cryptocurrency is volatility. Two main factors contributing to this market’s volatility are: (1) the Crypto Currency market opens 365 days, 24 hours, 7 days a week (worldwide), and (2) the low trading volume when compared to stocks. Most notably, the crypto currency market attracts day traders and institutional investors due to the market’s inherent volatile nature which can easily fluctuate within a 30% range in 24 hours or less. The stocks market cap is about $66.8 Trillion USD. The market cap for cryptocurrency, on the other hand, is only $149.8 Billion USD (as of September 12. 2017). To get a better idea and perspective, zoom out on charts to see the overview of trends.
Negative news in the media possesses a magnifying effect causing deeper volatility. For example: on September 12, 2017, JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon claimed that “bitcoin is a ‘fraud’ that will eventually blow up.” is one news bit that caused bitcoin price to dip. In context, why would a bank CEO make such broad statement? His motives? If you have bitcoin competing with USD fiat currency and directly with centralized banks; what do you expect a bank CEO to say? Accept bitcoin?
Another example of how news affects bitcoin price is the announcement that China banned ICOs. It’s critical to understand the underlying monetary policy reason why China made the decision to ban ICOs. Moreover, also consider the political climate in China as it pertains to regulations. Remember to think critically and question motives and the context of government and institutional conflict of interest when it comes to digesting the news and making trading decisions (sell/hold/buy) based on the news.
To get a broad perspective on how events and news affect price, examine bitcoin’s price history chart as correlated to historical events.
With market volatility comes opportunity: the key takeaway is that the bounce back in bitcoin price is even stronger historically so this is where hedging comes into play. Companies like Metastablecapital.com takes full advantage of bitcoin’s volatility boasting a 500% return on investment by hedging in 2016. Bitcoin price rise and dips can be directly attributed to major news events. Examine the price chart history of bitcoin to see the trend of news affecting bitcoin’s price. As an emerging tech, bad news and regulations will be like growing pains affecting the price. Since its inception in 2008, bitcoin’s underlying blockchain technology has proven to be a secure and a robust architecture and it continues to do so; with the invention Ethereum, the adoption of this tech is growing rapidly. Even the NSA and global militaries are developing apps in this space.
“Emerging Bitcoin market is volatile. But in volatility, that’s how people have opportunities to make money.” – Sir Richard Branson in a 2010 Street Smart Interview on Bloomberg when the price of one bitcoin was 7 cents; fast forward to January 8, 2018, one bitcoin is valued at $16,639 at 9:55 AM PST.
Question: How is Bitcoin Cash (BTH) different from the original Bitcoin (BTC)? Who are the people behind Bitcoin Cash (BCH founders)? Why is Bitcoin Cash contentious?
Bitcoin Cash (most exchanges list Bitcoin cash trading symbol as BCH, while a few list it as BCC) is a hard fork of the cryptocurrency bitcoin. The fork occurred on August 1, 2017. “Bitcoin Cash differs from Bitcoin Classic in that it increases the block size from 1 MB to 8 MB. It also removes Segregated Witness (SegWit), a proposed code adjustment designed to free up block space by removing certain parts of the transaction. The goal of Bitcoin Cash is to increase the number of transactions that can be processed, and supporters hope that this change will allow Bitcoin Cash to compete with the volume of transactions that PayPal and Visa can handle by increasing the size of blocks.
Because the computer power required to process larger blocks could price out some smaller miners, critics worry that adopting Bitcoin Cash’s approach will lead to power being concentrated in the hands of companies that can afford more and better equipment. Opponents to the fork worry that this will threaten the consensus-driven approach to Bitcoin, as a small number of companies could control Bitcoin and more readily force changes on the community in the future.” – Investopedia
The main people behind Bitcoin Cash are: Roger Ver, Jihan Wu, and Deadal Nix. Bitcoin Cash allows for faster transactions at the expense of hashing power being mostly centralized and it is inherently not as secure as the original bitcoin envisioned by Satoshi Nakamoto. Here are the reasons why Bitcoin Cash is contentious: Why Bitcoin Cash Is Not Bitcoin [BTC vs. BCH – Differences That You Should Know], and “Summary of Events, Bitcoin vs. Bitcoin Cash“.
Question: what are my bitcoin / cryptocurrency tax implications?
Answer: review the following key resources for information on how to pay IRS taxes on bitcoin / crypto currency investments: 1099-K Tax Form, IRS Sales and Dispositions of Capital Assets Form 8949 and how to report taxes – 1. [Business Insider Guide To How Paying Taxes On Bitcoin Work – 2] [New 2018 IRS Notice 2014-21 bitcoin tax reporting rules – 3] [Overview of crypto currency tax reporting information from a tax attorney – 4] [Bitcoin Taxes Frequently Asked Questions- 5] [ Latest U.S. Tax News Pertaining to Bitcoin and Crypto Currency – 6].
If you are using TurboTax or whichever company is filing your taxes for you will need to submit all the relevant Bitcoin / Crypto Coins transaction information. Each transaction you made will need its own information, unless you bought and sold multiple times at the same exact prices and costs.
Here are the pieces of information you’ll need:
+ The date you bought your Bitcoin / Crypto Coins
+ The date you sold your Bitcoin
+ How much money you earned from selling the Bitcoin for USD
+ The cost of the Bitcoin at time of purchase
+ Number of Bitcoin involved in the transaction
Also, be aware of recent rules established by the SEC.
Question: How is sending money in crypto currency faster and cheaper than sending in fiat (government issued currency)?
The following is a real world example of how the blockchain technology is revolutionizing the way we do traditional banking.
Let’s just say I want to do a wire transfer and I need to do it as soon as possible. How much does it cost for a domestic wire transfer versus an international wire transfer? How long does a wire transfer take?
Sending money using traditional banking: a wire transfer request must be submitted by 1:00 PM for most banks to process within the same business day and a wire transfer is only available to process during the business week (non-holidays). Costs? Depending on the bank, typically it costs about $30 for domestic wire transfer and $45 for international wire transfer. Don’t forget, the cost is magnified by the bank you are requesting the wire transfer and the bank accepting the wire transfer. Both banks typically charge customers in this manner as a way of doing business.
Sending money using blockchain’s cryptocurrency: how much does it cost?
It depends on the amount but let’s just say I want to transfer $9k in Bitcoin, the transaction fee would be 0.00044 BTC which equals to about $1.88. How long does it take to process? It depends on the crypto coin you choose to use for the money transfer; for Bitcoin transaction confirmations, it takes less than 60 minutes for transactions to complete and you can view the transfer process in real time at BlockCypher for BTC, LTC and ETH.
The advantages of transferring money using blockchain currency are:
(1) on demand fast transaction processing times sub-60 minutes for Bitcoin transaction confirmation (30 min for Litecoin confirmation; 24 min for Ether confirmation), versus traditional banking wire transfer of 4-8 hours at minimum
(2) low transaction fees – which equates to a fraction of traditional wire transfers fees
(3) Cryptocurrency exchanges and digital wallets are open 24/7, 365 days a year for business and
(4) no counter-party transaction fees – you won’t get charged twice at both ends like you would in a bank wire transfer.
And, here is the evidence of Blockchain making an impact on traditional banking: banks are rushing to counter this innovation with their own blockchain technology to remain relevant.
Consider Diversifying Your Investment Portfolio
1.- If your portfolio only has securities in the stock market, you should consider investing in digital assets as soon as you can to diversify your investment portfolio.
2.- To invest in the digital market wisely, due diligence and intensive research (it helps if you’re an avid reader and able to discern hype from facts) are required in order to have a thorough understanding of the fundamental value of a crypto coin investment. In doing so you will increase your chance of maximizing your return on investment (ROI) by knowing how to choose the best coins with the best growth value.
Arrange a One-On-One Informational Consultation
I am available for informational consultation and a step-by-step tutorial on how to get started in trading and investing in the blockchain asset market. My consultation fee is $100 per hour. Minimum consultation booking is $50 for 30 minutes via PayPal prepaid or with Crypto Coins. Consultation is available via Google Hangouts, WhatsApp, Facebook Telegram, LINE and Viber.
I am based in the San Francisco Bay Area. In-person consultation option is available to South Bay residents; add $60. On average, it takes approximately two hours to get set up. If you are not proficient trading online after our one-on-one tutorial, I will offer an additional 1/2 hour consultation free of charge. To get started, please submit the contact form below or text me at 408.341.9744 for a quick reply.
Please use the contact form below to send your questions, comments, and suggestions.
Watch the documentary film below,”The Blockchain and Us’ to get a historical context of blockchain and how its use and value is increasing.
About the Author:
A former EPA member, Tim is currently teaching in the San Francisco Bay Area. With his experience in computer engineering Tim tracks emerging blockchain technology developments in the crypto currency space. He became a digital cash enthusiast after seeing the rapid growth of the Ethereum blockchain enterprise in banking and trade. Tim has a successful record of selecting digital assets for exceptional return on investment.
During the winter months, you will likely find Tim skiing down the slopes of Squaw Alpine ski resort in Tahoe. If you are a skier or rider, you should check out SnowPals.org and join his San Francisco Bay Area based club to socialize and network with skiers and boarders who want to find like minded folks for ski trips to Lake Tahoe and to other popular ski destinations.
- Use Cases For Distributed Ledger Technology AKA Blockchain
- 19 Industries The Blockchain Will Disrupt
- Growing trend of venture capital investments in crypto currencies
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance
- Bank of America is betting big on blockchain with its filing of 20 blockchain patents
- Criticisms of Bitcoin, Ethereum, Cryptocurrency, ICOs and the new Blockchain Technology
- Why And How You Can Start Investing in Cryptocurrency
- Step-by-Step Tutorial on How to Buy Your First Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin on Coinbase
- Good alternatives to Bittrex
- Analysis of OmiseGo OMG Asset Tokens
- How to Buy OmiseGo (OMG) Asset Tokens and other Altcoins on Bittrex
- Cryptocurrency Blockchain Terminology